Brightwalton School is a light in the world.
Together we provide an inclusive learning community,
encouraging everyone to recognise, develop and appreciate their individual gifts.
We expect that our children will grow through our nurturing,
to let their light shine in the wider world,
for the good of all others.
Our vision is rooted in the meaning of this passage from Matthew 5:14 - 16 :
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead, they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others,
that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
This passage resonates with us because we believe that we can all become people who
- make good choices for themselves, their community, the wider world and humanity as a whole
- value, include and care about others, however similar or different, seeing them as individuals, people, humans
- will not give up when things go awry but who will continue to work for what is right, giving and receiving forgiveness, doing what they can to overcome barriers and trusting others to work with them for the common good
- share their gifts and themselves with others
- shine as a light in the world
The school aims to serve all the members of its community, including those of any faith or none, by providing an education of the highest quality in order that every child has the best possible life chances. Encouraging an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, within the context of Christian belief and practice, we promote Christian and British values through the experience we offer to our pupils.
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character, in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan levels.